After yesterday's one sided match between MI & SRH, we move on to the Dream11 predictions of our next match - Rajasthan Royals V Kolkata Knight Riders
With a majority of the contingent of their overseas players set to fly back home in the last leg of the group stage, it is imperative for the Royals to accumulate as many points as possible early in the tournament. They've, however, been unsuccessful in doing so up until now and really need to kick on from here.
Rajasthan Royals are currently struggling to get their bowling combination right and with Andre Russell's threat looming large, they just cannot afford to take a step wrong in their next game. Barring Shreyas Gopal, who has shown tremendous control over his leg-spinners, all their bowlers - local and overseas, have been belted across the boundary in almost all the matches.
To add to Rajasthan Royals' worries, Andre Russell is yet to be dismissed by the Blues since their return to the tournament. Jaydev Unadkat's dip in the form began with Russell's assault on him in the previous edition of the tournament and although Unadkat is unlikely to play in the upcoming encounter, it certainly does limit RR as far as bowling options are concerned. The contest between Jofra Archer and Andre Russell will be one exciting one to watch and considering Archer's ability to bowl accurate yorkers, he will be the perfect candidate to neutralize the Russell threat.
Just like their bowling, their batting too appears to be a little fragile. Their middle order - which is as explosive as it can get on paper hasn't been able to finish games yet. However, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, and Ajinkya Rahane have looked fluent and a lot will depend on their performance in the upcoming fixture.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
Just like Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders have plenty of issues to address. Except for Nitish Rana and Andre Russell, none of their top-order batsmen have been consistent enough and in most of the matches, they've needed Andre Russell to play a blinder to bail them out.
Apart from one fifty, Dinesh Karthik has struggled to close out games and it is one of the biggest reason to include Shubham Gill in their batting lineup. In addition to their inconsistent batting, their bowling has struggled to contain batsmen in the death overs.
Prasidh Krishna and Lokie Ferguson have been expensive and other options pose too much of risk to be given a chance. Having said that, the spin trio of Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, and Piyush Chawla pose a bigger threat as compared to the Royals' counterpart.
Kolkata Knight Riders are currently sitting pretty at the second spot in the points table and that is largely due to Russell's incredible hitting in almost all the matches. They appear to be a little over-reliant on Andre Russell, but that has been working for them so they wouldn't really be too concerned.
RR vs KKR Team News
- Both the sides are expected to remain unchanged.
- Sanju Samson can come back in place of Stuart Binny.
- Jofra Archer - with his pace and accuracy may well turn out to be the perfect man to dismiss Andre Russell's threat.
- Beating Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur has always been difficult which is evident by terrific home record.
- Jos Buttler is in fabulous form and won't be easy to stop for the inconsistent KKR bowlers.
- Rajasthan Royals recorded their first win of the 2019 Indian Premier League at the fourth attempt last time out.
- Jos Buttler has hit half-centuries in both matches in Jaipur so far, and has 139 runs in total in this season's competition.
- Kolkata Knight Riders have won three from four, meanwhile, with Andre Russell's explosive batting form central to that.
My Dream 11 pick :
Jos Buttler (C)
Andre Russell (VC)
My Money is on KKR