The defending champions Chennai Super Kings will collide against Rajasthan Royals in their next home assignment at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
The Super Kings have started brilliantly having won two back-to-back games. They humiliated Royal Challengers Bangalore in the tournament opener by 7 wickets and then went past Delhi Capitals in the last over by 6 wickets.
Rajasthan Royals so far have been very unlucky as they have lost both their matches against Kings XI Punjab and Sunrisers Hyderabad. They haven’t been able to perform cohesively with both bat and ball which has been the reason for their downfall. In their first game against Kings XI Punjab, their batting unit failed to chase a formidable 184 and then, in the game against Sunrisers they managed 198 but failed to defend after the bowlers failed miserably.
Going by the current form of the two sides, Chennai Super Kings definitely holds the upper hand in this contest and playing at their own den in the MA Chidambaram, it could be a hat-trick of wins for the home side.
The surface at the MA Chidambaram Stadium is always considered as spin-friendly. The spinners generally make life tough for the batsmen and once again the same can be expected.
CSK vs RR Team News:
David Willey has pull-out from the rest of the IPL owing some family concerns.
Rajasthan Royals might look for some changes in their bowling unit after two back-to-back disappointments.
RR’s batting unit might not get tinkered.
After two wins in a row, CSK are least reluctant to tinker with their eleven.
- Chennai Super Kings have continued where they left off last season, winning their first two matches.
- Rajasthan have lost two from two, however - most recently, they failed to defend 198/2 in a five-wicket defeat to Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Sanju Samson did have some cause to cheer in that game, however - he hit an unbeaten 102 from 55 balls for the Royals to post this season's first IPL century.
- Chennai Super Kings are unbeaten in IPL 2019 right now
- Rajastahn Royals have lost both their matches in IPL 2019 so far
- The pitch in Chennai is going to be helpful to spin which could make it difficult for the overseas players of Rajasthan Royals.
My dream 11 pick :
W/C : J Butler- (V/C).
Bats: S Raina- (C) S Smith, K Jadhsv, A Rayudu.
All Round: R Jadeja, K Gowatham, D Bravo.
Bowl: S Gopal, J Unadkat, I Tahir.
My Money is on CSK..